HI TECH SEEDS MAROC is one of the leaders in the seeds marketing. HI TECH SEEDS MAROC brings expertise, commitment, and support, combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology. HI TECH SEEDS MAROC, develops, and markets varieties and seeds in a wide range of vegetable crops around the world.
R&D Trial Officer-Farm Manager Morocco Fulltime
The objective of this position is to manage and support the R&D field testing needs in Morocco. The R&D Trial officer will have the responsibility to execute a multi-crop (tomato, pepper, melon, watermelon, cabbage…) R&D field trial program in our farm in Agadir (Morocco) and with external growers in other regions of Morocco (Marrakech, Northern region…) in the most efficient, professional and safety manners.
For this position, HI TECH SEEDS MAROC is seeking an enthusiastic, results oriented, and highly committed individual. You will be a member of the Global R&D Operations Team and will report to the Global Trialing Leader. You will have close interaction with colleagues across HI TECH SEEDS ’s R&D organization and in Product Development and Sales. You will be based in our farm in Agadir, Morocco and be part of Hi-Tech Seeds Maroc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with breeding teams on field trial needs and develop a yearly field trial operational plan and prepare budget accordingly.
- Actively manage all components of the R&D field trials plan (g. placement of trials, sowing, planting, etc…)
- Manage R&D Operation team on the Farm (1 direct report + 10-15 temporary workers)
- Deliver field trial success and quality data, monitor and report on progress to stakeholders.
- Support breeding team in evaluation of trials, plant selection as needed.
- Report periodically on season progress, flag issues and recommend resolution plans.
- Implement high phytosanitary performance according to company and country regulations.
- Interact with nurseries, growers, seed dealers, and laboratories.
- Contribute to the further development of a global R&D trial network through engagement and collaborative interaction with colleagues in the different regions.
- Assuring safe work conditions and high-quality execution
- Agricultural engineer with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in R&D Farm Management with GH and/or open-field production
- Agronomical background/experience or field vegetable crop research.
- Proven experience in field trialing, including trial setup and field evaluations.
- Proven experience in managing a team
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and a strong problem-solving capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically frequently and occasionally internationally.
- Ability and willingness to work under variable environmental conditions associated with field trial work.
- Expertise in MS Office and data analysis.
- Proficient in English (Advanced Speaking, Reading, and Writing).
- Driver license.
Working at HI TECH SEEDS MAROC means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented, and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it’s nice to work at HI TECH SEEDS MAROC!
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us as soon as possible a letter of motivation and a detailed resume, preferably by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
#hitechseeds #maroc #morocco #seeds #semences #R&D #field #greenhouse #gardening #market #trials